Saturday, October 15, 2011

National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Day

Today, October 15th, is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Day.

My heart goes out to my friends and others who have lost a child, whether already born or during pregnancy. That is a pain that I can only imagine.

According to I Am The Face, "One out of every four women will experience the loss of a baby at some point in their lives. That’s right–25%! Pregnancy/infant loss is an issue that while very common, is rarely talked about. Because it’s become such a “hush-hush” and taboo topic, those who experience it are often left to grieve in silence, alone." More facts are available here.

No one should be left to grieve alone. I encourage anyone affected by this silent issue who cares to share to do so, either in comments, or linking to a post of their own. This is a story that should be shared, so people can understand how best to help.

Folks can also add their voice to one of two websites: I Am the Face and October 15th.

2 comments:

  1. I am the Face, I have two little angels that were never even born. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one that wasn't born. I talk about him on my blog today.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome but moderated. Please be respectful when leaving a comment.