Sunday, June 10, 2012

Forever a Student

Totally irrelevant but cute!
As many of my regular blog readers know, I was a student of Faery Witchcraft for over 6 years and then was initiated last year. Studying Faery (and of course, getting initiated) changed my life in many ways, and I will never be the same. My connection to the gods and mighty dead of Faery keep growing and developing. Being intimately involved with the tradition that I am in has been the relief that comes after a lifelong itch.

But I am one of those "must keep learning" people. While I am still in grad school and constantly learning about herbalism, wildcrafting, beekeeping, and gardening, I want MORE. There is so much out there that I want to know and do! I also plan on taking some art classes in the fall- either drawing and then painting, or sculpture. I am drawn to both!

In terms of Witchcraft, I also want to constantly be learning and growing. So I applied to a teaching coven of another non-Wiccan traditional Witchcraft called Coven Agoriadau Tri, and was accepted. It is a cunning tradition, which is something that I have always been drawn to, and it is also non-Wiccan, like Faery. Very exciting!

How about you, readers? What knowledge and experience are you pursuing these days?




2 comments:

  1. I, too, am one of those people who wants to keep learning. I was homeschooled, and was raised with the philosophy of "you're always learning". Just because it's summer or the weekend doesn't mean that I stop learning.

    I'm a photographer, and because we're at a point where the technology is constantly changing and improving, I will have to continue to learn and upgrade my skills throughout my career. Every now and then, I'll have to get a new camera or lens and learn how it works and what it can do.

    A few days ago I downloaded the conductor's score for Beethoven's ninth and plan to study it. I know the ninth extremely well, but I love reading parts and/or the full score for familiar works, as it's then that I truly start to understand how the different parts fit together.

    Since the last federal election here in Canada, I've been learning a lot about Canadian politics and familiarizing myself with the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms (i.e., the constitution). Once I finish the book I'm currently reading (The Cloister Walk by Kathleen Norris), I plan to read both the Constitution Act of 1867 (formerly known as the British North America Act) and the Constitution Act of 1982 (which the Charter is a part of).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat, Annapurna! All of those projects sound fascinating!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome but moderated. Please be respectful when leaving a comment.