Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day Action

Source: CBS News
On this day of love, I urge people to give to the Iraqi Orphan Foundation (UK) or the Alalusi Foundation (USA). That place in the world needs our love and attention now.

Because of the wars and military actions there, almost 50% of all children in Iraq are orphans. Can you believe that astronomical figure?

These organizations welcome your help regardless of your religion or political bent. As a citizen of the United States, even though I actively opposed the wars in Iraq, I feel responsible in some way for this tragedy. My tax dollars paid for the bombing of Iraq, and likely killed some of these children's parents. What is left in Iraq is a society and infrastructure in tatters. I feel compelled to help make amends. I hope that some of you will do the same.

In these childrens' short lives, they have not known much else but war and suffering. Let us help them make a better Iraq.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but moderated. Please be respectful when leaving a comment.